Monday, June 11, 2012

The Most Common Dog Name is What???

From the title of this post I am sure you guessed it…Bella. The most common female dog name, regardless of breed, is Bella. How did this happen? I come from a family of uncommon names and Dave and I named our first dog together the most common dog name in America?
Now to be honest Bella is just a nickname. Her full common name is Bellatrix. And her non-official AKC name is Faithful Bellatrix In Hiding (the one chosen by us but not register by AKC). And her official AKC name is Chilbrook Jolie Le Ve (the one chosen by the breeder and she won’t let us change it). But we call her Bella for the most part.
I am sure the reason Bella is the most common name is because of Twilight. And hey I am a Twilight fan so I get it. But seriously? Dave and I (and Kirstin) spent hours researching and discussing Harry Potter names. And in all that research and all thought processes we never considered that Bella would turn out to be a common name because of Twilight.
It is pretty darn disappointing since names are very important to me. I wrote my college entrance essay about personality traits that associate with your name. And I am very sensitive to my own name and who calls me which name (Chase vs. Chassie).
Even though Bella is the most common dog name in America, Dave and I picked it together with extreme care and thought it is the perfect name for our little pup.

No comments:

Post a Comment