Monday, June 25, 2012

The GPC

The advanced training class consists of four other dogs beside Bella. They are all between seven and ten months and have gone through the training classes together. Since Chassie did not mention their names, I'll run through them quickly.

The Tri-Red Australian Shepherd is Lucy. She walked up to me last Saturday and sat politely in front of me, waiting for me to notice her as I watched the commotion that Bella had caused upon arrival to class. When I looked down, there Lucy was, patiently waiting. She seems like a very laid back dog, but to hear her owner talk about her she has a wild streak.

The two Goldendoodles are named McGee (the cream colored male) and Zeva (the black female). After the first class, I knew that the black one was named Zeva and I figured it was from NCIS. I did not know that there other dog was McGee and when we found that out this past Saturday, Chassie confirmed with the owners since she is a fairly dedicated viewer to said television show.

The terrier is Morgan. I thought it was a dude. I just assumed, I shouldn't have but the dog looked like a male and I couldn't decide if Morgan was a boy name or a girl name. The only Morgan's I can think of off the top of my head are Morgan Freeman and.... I'll have to get back to you on that one.

Those are the dogs. The "pet parents" are some very nice folks. The couple that has McGee and Zeva both have attended the two classes we have. Lucy's handler is a very nice gentleman who greets Bella very enthusiastically. Morgan's owners were both present the first week, but only the man came for the second class. I joked with Chassie on the way to the second class that it should be nicknamed the Geriatric Puppy Club. I know, I know, I just can't help myself.

My favorite part of the class is the play time the dogs get at the beginning. I was a little nervous before the first of our classes, just because I didn't know how well Bella would interact with the other dogs. There was never an issue. As soon as we walked through that door, the dogs seemed like they knew each other.

All in all, the class is very good. The biggest thing is it wears Bella out. It also gives us a chance to practice in a controlled environment with distractions which is very beneficial.


No comments:

Post a Comment