Friday, January 13, 2012

Poor Baby Gate

I fell and broke the baby gate last night. We have two baby gates to make Bella's playpen area in the hall with tile flooring (in case she has an accident). I was leaning over it to spray Bitter Apple on the inside of the gate (she insists on chewing on everything...the tile floor...why?). And the gate slipped and so did I.

The lucky thing is, right before I started to lean over I pushed Bella towards the other gate. I am not sure why I did that exactly but if I hadn’t I would have fallen on her with gate pinning her to the floor. The whole event did scare her. And I have bruises from my hip to my shin on the outside of my right leg.

The gate that broke is a wooden baby gate. It’s been with me for years. I used for Draco and Hunter. And I was a little sad that I broke it. But I have not retired it yet. I performed a little gate surgery with wood glue and a screwdriver. I will try it out when I get home tonight. But I couldn't use it last night so Dave stopped by Home Depot on the way home to get a backup gate. Keep your fingers crossed.

Oh and by the way…it was an accident free day yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment